Revised SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022
SSC Released Notification for SSC CGL 2022 on 17 September 2022. According to the latest notification released by the Staff Selection Commission of India Exam Pattern for SSC CGL 2022 is Changed. As per the Latest SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022, the exam will be conducted in only two stages Tier-1 and Tier-2. In this post, we will discuss the Latest SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern 2022– Overview
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) made a big change in the Exam Pattern of SSC CGL this year. According to the latest pattern, SSC CGL 2022 exam will be conducted in two tiers only (unlike the previous year’s three-tier system) Tier-1 and Tier-2. Question asked in Both tiers objective types.
- SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam will be compulsory for all candidates.
- SSC CGL Tier-2 exam has 3 Paper- Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3.
- Paper I is Compulsory for all posts.
- Paper II is only for those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO).
- Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern 2022
SSC CGL 2022 Tier- 1 exam will be conducted online. It is compulsory for all the students. There is no change in the SSC CGL Tier 1 Exam Pattern. Like in previous years’ exams SSC CGL Tier 1 comprises 4 sections each of 25 questions with two marks each. So there is a total of 100 questions with a maximum mark of 200. The time allotted for SSC CGL Tier 1 exam is A cumulative time of 60 minutes (80 minutes
for disabled/Physically handicapped Candidates). The scheme of SSC CGL Tier-I Examination 2022 is given below.
- Tier-I will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for English Comprehension.
- There will be a negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer.
- There is no sectional cut-off.
- No point will be deducted if the question is left blank or unattempted by a candidate.
SSC CGL Tier 2 Exam Pattern 2022 -Revised
SSC CGL 2022 Exam Pattern for Tier 2 is completely changed by the commission. SSC CGL Tier-2 exam will be conducted in 3 phases- Paper 1, Paper 2, and Paper 3. Paper I (Compulsory for all posts), Paper-II for candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and Paper III for candidates who apply for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer. Details of Tier 2 Papers are given below.
|S. No.||Papers||Time Allotted|
|1||Paper-I: (Compulsory for all posts)||2 hours 30 minutes|
|2||Paper-II: Junior Statistical Officer (JSO)||2 hours|
|3||Paper-III: Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer||2 hours|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 Exam Pattern
Paper 1 is compulsory for all the posts. The exam pattern for SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 1 is given below.
|Section I||Module-I||Mathematical Abilities||30||90||1 hour for Section I|
|Section I||Module-II||Reasoning and General Intelligence||30||90|
|Section II||Module-I||English Language and Comprehension||45||135||1 hour for Section II|
|Section II||Module-II||General Awareness||25||75|
|Section III||Module-I||Computer Knowledge Test||20||60||15 minutes|
|Section III||Module-II||Data Entry Speed Test||15 minutes|
SSC CGL Tier 2 Paper 2 & 3 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for SSC CGL Tier 2 papers 2 and 3 is given below.
|Paper||Section||No. of question||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|Paper II||Statistics||100||200||2 hours|
|Paper III||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||100||200||2 hours|
Important Points for SSC CGL Exam Pattern
Students are advised to read these points for further understanding.
- Tier-II will include conducting Paper-I, Paper-II and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the posts.
- Paper-II and Paper-III are only for those students who are applying for these posts.
- Only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier 1 are allowed to give Tier 2 exam.
- Paper-I will include the following three sections having two modules each:
- Section-I :
- Module I: Mathematical Abilities.
- Module II: Reasoning and General Intelligence.
- Section-II :
- Module-I: English Language and Comprehension.
- Module-II: General Awareness
- Section-III :
- Module-I: Computer Knowledge Test
- Module-II: Data Entry Speed Test
- Section-I :
- Paper-I will be conducted in two sessions – Session –I & Session II, on the same day. Session-I will include conducting Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III. Session II will include conducting Module II of Section III.
- The duration of Session-I will be 2 hours and 15 minutes and the duration of Session-II will be 15 minutes only.
- It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify for all the sections of Paper-I.
- Tier II (Paper-I, Paper-II & Paper-III) will consist of Objective Type, Multiple choice questions, except for Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I.
- The questions will be set both in English & Hindi except for the English Language And Comprehension module in Section II of Paper-I.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer in Section-I, Section-II and Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I and of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-II and Paper-III.
- Module-I of Section-III of Paper-I i.e. Computer Knowledge Test is mandatory but qualifying in nature. However, while shortlisting the candidates for the posts where Computer Proficiency is prescribed i.e. Assistant Section Officer in CSS, MEA & AFHQ, Assistant in Serious Fraud Investigation Office (SFIO) under the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Assistant (GSI) in the Ministry of Mines, Assistant in Indian Meteorological Department (Ministry of Earth Sciences), Inspector (CGST &Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer) & Inspector (Examiner) in CBIC and Postal Assistant/ Sorting Assistant in Department of Post, higher qualifying standards will be set in comparison to other posts.
- Module-II of Section-III of Paper-I i.e.Data Entry Speed Test (DEST)
- Module II of Section-III of Paper-I will include conducting a Data Entry Speed Test (DEST) for a duration of 15 minutes in Session-II on the same day.
- The “Data Entry Speed Test” (DEST) Skill Test will be conducted for a passage of about 2000 (two thousand) key depressions for a duration of 15 (fifteen) minutes.
- DEST will be mandatory for all the posts; however, it will be qualifying in nature.
- While shortlisting the candidates for the posts where either Computer Proficiency is prescribed or where DEST is prescribed i.e.Tax Assistant in CBIC, Tax Assistant in CBDT, and UDC/ SSA in Central Bureau of Narcotics (Ministry of Finance), higher qualifying standards will be set in comparison to other posts.
The scheme of SSC CGL Tier-II Examination 2022 is given below.