UPSC Prelims Syllabus 2023
UPSC Prelims is the first stage of the UPSC civil services exam. This is officially known as the civil services preliminary exam, but aspirants refer to it as UPSC Prelims, IAS prelims, or UPSC pre.
UPSC syllabus plays an important role in UPSC preparation.
You can check the complete UPSC Syllabus here.
You can Also Check the Detailed Topic Wise UPSC Prelims Syllabus.
UPSC Prelims Exam
UPSC Civil Services Prelims Examination is comprised of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each.
Structure of Prelims Paper:-
General Studies (GS)
2 hours (9:30 AM to 11:30 AM)
2 hours (2:30 PM to 4:30 PM)
The UPSC Prelims syllabus is also divided into two parts:
- General Studies Paper I
- CSAT or General Studies Paper-II
UPSC IAS Prelims Syllabus
General Studies Paper – I
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity and Climate Change – that do not require subject specialization
- General Science
CSAT/ General Studies Paper-II
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) – Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency, etc. – Class X level)
You can download a PDF of the Prelims Syllabus for UPSC