Bodo Optional syllabus For UPSE
History of Bodo Language and Literature [Answers must be written in Bodo]
History of Bodo Language
- Homeland, language family, its present status and its mutual contact with Assamese.
- (a) phonemes : Vowel and Consonant Phonemes.
- Morphology : Gender, Case and Case endings, Plural suffix, Definitives, Verbal suffix.
- Vocabulary and its sources.
- Syntax : Types of sentences, Word Order.
- History of scripts used in writing Bodo Language since inception.
History of Bodo Literature
- General introduction of Bodo folk Literature.
- Contribution of the Missionaries.
- Periodization of Bodo Literature.
- Critical analysis of different genre (Poetry, Novel, Short Story and Drama).
- Translation Literature.
The paper will require first‐hand reading of the texts prescribed and will be designed to test the critical ability of the candidates. (Answers must be written in Bodo)
(Edited by Madaram Brahma & Rupnath Brahma)
(Edited by Pramod Chandra Brahma)
(c) Boroni Gudi Sibsa Arw Aroz : Madaram Brahma
(d) Raja Nilambar : Dwarendra Nath Basumatary
(e) Bibar (prose section)
(Edited by Satish Chandra Basumatary).
(a) Bibi Bithai (Aida Nwi) : Bihuram Boro
(b) Radab : Samar Brahma Chaudhury
(c) Okhrang Gongse Nangou : Brajendra Kumar Brahma
(d) Baisagu Arw Harimu : Laksheswar Brahma
(e) Gwdan Boro : Manoranjan Lahary
(f) Jujaini Or : Chittaranjan Muchahary
(g) Mwihoor : Dharanidhar Wary
(h) Hor Badi Khwmsi : Kamal Kumar Brahma
(i) Jaolia Dewan : Mangal Singh Hozowary
(j) Hagra Guduni Mwi : Nilkamal Brahma